What is a Resin Bound Surface?
A resin bound surface is a mixture of aggregate stones and resin used to create a surface for footpaths, patios and driveways. It is a very attractive and durable surface solution. It is a permeable, flexible surfacing material which is resistant to cracking.
What is the process?
The resin bound material is cold-mixed using a process that ensures every particle of ‘stone’ is completely encapsulated in a strong, clear resin. The mixture is laid immediately onto a prepared base to create a smooth permeable finish. The finished depth of a resin bound paving surface varies between 16mm and 18mm – depending on the size and type of stone used and the function of the surface (e.g. driveway, pathways).
What can the resin bound surface be laid on?
At McKeogh Landscapes, we normally lay the resin bound surface on tarmac or a concrete base. This acts as a structural layer.
The benefits of a Resin Bound driveway:
- Our permeable resin bound driveways combine stunning looks with a hard-wearing surface.
- A resin bound driveway is an eye-pleasing alternative to loose gravel, concrete, and brick.
- A domestic resin bound driveway needs little maintenance and, once installed, will reward you with many years of outstanding performance.
- We offer a wide range of colour and texture options, to either complement or contrast with adjacent surfaces. This huge selection allows for the creation of a truly unique resin driveway that will be the envy of your neighbours!
- Resin bound driveways deliver a beautifully smooth, accessible finish with no loose stone to migrate into other areas, making it foot-friendly and ideal for access to adjoining lawns.
- To keep it looking as good as new, a resin bound driveway only needs periodic sweeping and occasional power washing. The technology of the resin bound mix minimises weed growth and reduces puddles.
- When installed by McKeogh Landscapes, your domestic driveway comes with a 15-year guarantee against loose stone, cracking, UV degradation, colour change and frost damage. We guarantee our workmanship.
How Much Does A Resin Bound Surface Cost?
It is difficult to quote a cost per square metre for resin driveways as each project has completely unique considerations and specifications. Generally speaking, though, projects would typically cost from around 80euro per square metre upwards depending on the size of the area, existing subbase and type of aggregate. This is a cost for the supply and fit of the resin and chip(aggregate stone mix) only. The subbase(tarmac or concrete), drainage and edging/kerbing are all extra on top of this figure.
The final cost of a resin bound driveway will depend on the answers to several questions including:
- What is the size of the area?
- What traffic will be on the surface – this will dictate the required depth
- What surface do you currently have?
- Do you need to install edging/drainage on the site?
Approximate Costs for a UV stable resin overlay laid at 18mm:
Area (sqm) Price (per sqm)
0-50 sqm 95euro
50-150 sqm 85euro
150- sqm 75euro
All prices are ex VAT
In summary, a resin bound surface will transform your domestic driveway, old or new!
To get your resin bound surface consultation and quote, call us on 087 2914461.