What is a Resin Bound Surface?
A resin bound surface is a mixture of aggregate stones and resin used to pave footpaths, patios and driveways. An attractive and durable paving solution, it is a permeable and flexible surfacing material, so it is resistant to cracking.
What is the process?
The resin bound material is cold-mixed using a process that ensures every particle of ‘stone’ is completely encapsulated in a strong, clear resin. The mixture is laid immediately onto a prepared base to create a smooth permeable finish. The finished depth of a resin bound paving surface varies between 12mm and 20mm – depending on the size and type of stone used and the function of the surface (e.g. driveway, pathways).
What can the resin bound surface be laid on?
At McKeogh Landscapes, we normally lay the resin bound surface on open-graded Tarmac or a concrete base. This acts as a structural layer. However, we can install it on other surfaces by increasing the depth of the resin bound layer itself.
The benefits of a Resin Bound driveway:
- Our permeable resin bound driveways combine stunning looks with a hard-wearing surface.
- A resin bound driveway is an eye-pleasing alternative to loose gravel, concrete, and brick.
- A domestic resin bound driveway needs little maintenance and, once installed, will reward you with many years of outstanding performance.
- We offer a wide range of colour and texture options, to either complement or contrast with adjacent surfaces. This huge selection allows for the creation of a truly unique resin driveway that will be the envy of your neighbours!
- Resin bound driveways deliver a beautifully smooth, accessible finish with no loose stone to migrate into other areas, making it foot-friendly and ideal for access to adjoining lawns.
- To keep it looking as good as new, a resin bound driveway only needs periodic sweeping and occasional power washing. The technology of the resin bound mix minimises weed growth and reduces puddles.
- When installed by McKeogh Landscapes, your domestic driveway comes with a 15-year guarantee against loose stone, cracking, oil damage, UV degradation, colour change and frost damage. We guarantee our workmanship.
In summary, a resin bound surface will transform your domestic driveway, old or new!
To get your resin bound surface consultation and quote, call us on 087 2914461.