What is Resin Bound
A resin-bound surface is a mixture of aggregate stones and resin used to pave footpaths, driveways, etc. It is a permeable paving solution. It is a flexible surfacing material, so it is resistant to cracking.
What is the Process
During this process the Resin Bound material is cold mixed using a process that ensures every particle of ‘stone’ is completely encapsulated in a strong, clear resin. It is laid immediately onto a base, to create a smooth permeable finish. The finished depth of a resin bound paving surface varies between 12mm and 24mm – depending on the size and type of stone used and the application (e.g. driveway, pathways).
What can the resin bound be laid on?
Mc Keogh Landscapes normally lay the resin bound on an asphalt or concrete base. This acts as a structural layer. It can be installed on other bases if a traditional base is not appropriate, by increasing the depth of the resin bound layer itself. New methods include using a recycled plastic grid structure where the area is to be used only for pedestrian and light vehicular traffic.
Resin Bound Driveways
The benefits of a Resin Bound driveway:
- Our permeable resin bound driveways combine stunning looks with a fully permeable, hardwearing surface.
- An eye pleasing alternative to loose gravel, concrete, and brick, a domestic resin driveway needs little maintenance and once installed will reward you with many years of outstanding performance.
- We offer a wide range of colour and texture options, to either complement or contrast any adjacent surfaces. This huge selection allows for the creation of a truly unique resin driveway that will be the envy of your neighbours.
- When installed Mc Keogh Landscapes, your domestic driveway comes with an 21 year guaranteeagainst loose stone; cracking; oil damage; UV degradation; colour change and frost damage; a guarantee for workmanship is also covered.
- No loose stone – Resin bound driveways deliver a beautifully smooth, accessible finish with no loose stone to migrate into other areas, making it foot friendly and ideal for adjoining lawn areas.
- Low maintenance – A resin bound domestic driveway only needs periodic sweeping and occasional power washing to keep it looking as good as new. The technology of the resin bound mix minimises weed growth and reduces puddles.
Pathways, Patios and other uses
In summary, a resin bound surface will transform your domestic driveway, old or new.
A resin bound system delivers a permeable, durable, accessible, multi-layer surface.
To get your grass and installation quote together please call 087 2914461.